SMS Youth Hockey LaPlante Scholarship
The Sudbury Maynard Stow Youth Hockey Association, a 501c(3) non-profit organization, provides an annual scholarship to a deserving graduating senior who has participated in the SMS Hockey program. The Scholarship is named after long-time SMS Hockey coach and leader, Jeff LaPlante, who remains a friend of youth hockey after years of service to our program.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- A current high school senior graduating in the school year in which the award is offered.
- A current or past participant in the SMS Youth Hockey program, with three or more seasons on an SMS team roster, excluding the Little Devils Learn-To-Play Hockey program (previously known as the SMS in-house Mite program).
- Proof of acceptance to an institution of higher education (accredited 2-year, 4-year college, or trade school) or acceptance into one of the five branches of the U.S. military or US Coast Guard.
- Completion of the application, including the provision of requested transcripts.
- Fully completed application.
- Your most recent school transcript.
- Completed personal essay.
- A signed statement of support for your application from a school teacher or administrator, coach, or member of your community.
- Proof of acceptance to an institute of higher education or the military – or explanation as to when you expect to receive such proof of acceptance.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SMS Youth Hockey LaPlante Scholarship Awardees
- 2023: Judson Norris, Maynard High School and Sara Toland, Lincoln-Sudbury High School
- 2022: DiDi Carty, Lincoln-Sudbury High School
- 2021: Joshua Kerble, Nashoba Regional High School
- 2020: Allison Bent, Lincoln-Sudbury High School