Tuition Payment Policy
SMS Youth Hockey Association Tuition Payment Policy
As a 501c(3) non-profit corporation, the SMS Youth Hockey Association makes every effort to make participation in our hockey programs affordable. The organization must function within a balanced operating budget, and tuition fees are established to fully recover operating costs. The SMS Tuition Payment Policy is designed to minimize risks associated with non-payment and/or delinquent payment of tuition fees and is assessed annually.
Factors that influence tuition fees include, but are not limited to:
- Ice rental fees
- League fees
- Equipment purchase and storage
- Merchant account fees
- Annual audit fees
- Website hosting fees
- Other administrative costs
SMS Youth Hockey Association Tuition Payment Policy is as follows:
- A non-refundable deposit is due at registration for all players. Players will not be allowed to participate until this fee, and any outstanding balance is paid in full.
- A second payment is due prior to team roster announcements and must be received for players to be rostered. A partial refund may be issued if a player requests to withdraw from the program after rosters are announced, provided notification is received in writing to the President or Treasurer.
- A third payment is due before the season begins. Refund requests will only be issued due to extenuating circumstances and at the discretion of the SMS Board of Directors. Any participant with an outstanding balance, and/or that has not provided a USA Hockey registration number prior to the beginning of the season, will not be eligible to participate in practices or games.
SMS Youth Hockey Association Refund Policy is as follows:
- Any player wishing to withdraw from an SMS Youth Hockey program after tuition has been paid must do so in writing to the SMS Board of Directors. Tuition refund requests will be granted on a case-by-case basis. Tuition refund requests will be considered for cases of illness and/or injury that prohibit the player from participating for the balance of the hockey season. No refund will be granted for any reason other than the aforementioned, including, but not limited to, players leaving the SMS Hockey program to join another organization; to play for a high school team; or due to dissatisfaction with coaches, teammates, officials, team placement and/or leagues.
SMS Board of Directors